When is it considered too late to have kids?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'd been focused on my career thinking that having children could wait until my 40s. Then after period irregularities and having tests done my gynae/obs informed me that I have high FSH levels and that if I didn't try soon I would miss the opportunity to have children. I'm now 37 yrs old and almost 37 weeks pregnant. Every body is different and time unfortunately doesn't wait for everyone. Don't put it off too long unless you are tested and confirmed that your hormone levels can allow you to wait

Read more
VIP Member

never too late to hv. My aunty gave birth to her 5th child wen she was 48 years old. Child is perfectly well. Ppl say becareful this and that, yes its true the older you are the more complications is gonna hv. Just leave it to god, hv faith n believe if happen then happen. Wat ever happens, it happens for reasons n good.

Read more
VIP Member

Probably late 40s would be the max in terms of bring physically able to carry a child to term.. but of course it would depend on individual's life choices. Best to seek a gynae's advice if trying to get pregnant without success and age is a concern.

Depends on ur body actually. Some woman have early menopause. And when they want to have a kid also too late. I would say get ur health check up first and plan. Is tiring to tc of kid. So have it as soon as ur finances allow.

Other than health reasons, i tink when u pass 35,u get lesser energy to keep up wif your kids. I had my 1st at 33 and im constantly feeling tired. Recovery from delivering oso take longer than younger mothers i feel.

VIP Member

It's never too late to try, but always consult professional help when you want to - and make sure you know everything involved (the risks, possible complications, costs etc) so you can make informed decisions :)

VIP Member

Personally, 38 will be my limit. But there are plenty of mummies who gave birth at 40+ years old too! :) Depends on your comfort level. There are definitely more risks as you age tho

VIP Member

Its never too late. its more of the risk on pregnancies and i would say fatigue. Not only pregnancy, as age catches up, its harder to chase after running toddlers too

40 years and above will be considered too late to have kids as the fertility will decrease much and there will be more pregnancy related complications at older age.

VIP Member

i would say yes. never too late. but preferably not later than 40. usually as age increases, risk increase. my mum gave birth to me at 40. it nearly took her life.