What would you do if your kids aren't handling Manila summer well? Any tips on how to help then get through this heat?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I suggest lots of water, juices and you can even make home made popsicles! If you live in a house with a yard, bring out the inflatable kiddy pool for them to splash around and have supervised water fights. I remember playing in the park with my brothers and dad during the humid June holidays as a child and having mock battles with water guns. Dad would make sure we were dry before going home so Mom won't scream haha.

Magbasa pa

Make sure there is enough ventilation in the house. In our household, we expect the air condition to be turned on for almost 24hours or as needed by the kids during summer. And yeah, always serve them with fruit juices, shakes or frozen delight to keep them hydrated. I also let my kids take the shower at least 3 times a day if the heat is really unbearable.

Magbasa pa

During hot season,i make sure the room has good air circulation and not too stuffy. Open the door and window in early morning but close them before 9 am. We don't use aircond, so my kids take shower at least 3 times per day and wear cotton thin clothes. And it is a must for them to drink regularly, so i have to remind them that every hour.

Magbasa pa

We make fruits shakes twice a day, everyday during summer. Our grocery basket is open filled with mango, banana, guyabano, melon as our favorite fruits flavors. And it's time to brace ourselves for a much much higher electricity bill due to the use of AC. :)

Enroll them to swimming lessons. There are swimming pools that are covered so they won't have to be exposed to the sun for long hours.

I'll make homemade popsicles and it's great time to inflate the kiddie pool!