How do you manage to take care of your baby when you aren't feeling well and there's no one to assist you?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

No sick days for moms and a good moms have a plan for everything. I make sure I rest but with my toddler and kids beside me. I drink medicine and don't do extra chores kasi gusto ko gumaling agad ako kasi wala naman ibang gagawa neto kundi tayo lang. Thankful also I have a very loving husband na uuwi para magdala ng ready to eat food samen if i am sick. The next day I am ok. We moms are so blessed that we have this amazing health and extra strength. :)

Magbasa pa

I guess mommies are really blessed with "reserved strength" for cases like this. Like for me, I just think that no one will do it since it's just the two of us and my baby needs my care. Even if I really feel weak, there's something that's pushing me to stand up whenever needed (like when the baby cries or needs diaper change etc).

Magbasa pa

It happens that me almost all the time since we don't have a nanny. I just consider it as part of my daily routine especially during weekdays that I only get 2-3 hours of sleep which isn't healthy for me. But I don't have a choice, as I have to work at the same time take care of the kids if the hubby is not in the mood to do so.

Magbasa pa

I call it my own personal will. I know I wouldn't be able to do it if not for my kids. Almost all the time, I feel like giving up because I am too tired from work. However, if my children need me and I'm also not feeling well, I would automatically have that power to do things and stay up for long hours to look after my kids.

Magbasa pa

Since I'm a single mom of 9 month old twins, there are times that I push them to sleep so I can sleep too especially when I'm not feeling well. Still searching for the right multivitamin to give me proper energy booster

My personal solution: coffee; however, coffee isn't the best for your immune system when you're sick. I think maybe a warm cup of tea might help, but overall, it's just about getting in the right mindset.

I don't go to work. Both of us rest for longer hours. I also unli breastfeed my baby for her faster recovery.

Find small ways to relax like a comfortable sitting/leaning position during feedings. Stay hydrated too :)