What do you think about you or your husband having close friends of the opposite sex?

52 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Honestly it's the cause of our many slight to serious fights before. My partner's pool of friends consist of 70% girls (of same age bracket) the rest I don't really care that much as they're basically mix of boys + female friends who are old enough to get jealous with. On the other hand, I used to have guy close friends too but my partner don't give damn as I barely set friendly dates with them or call them or chat them as often as before. When we formally made our relationship official, I toned down seeing other boys na. Only those who normally visits our house and are close with my parents stayed the same. So back to the issue - I'm not comfortable with him being close to other girls. Cos when I say 'close' he's physically attached to these girls too. They kiss on the cheeks, hug, chat frequently on Facebook. And it's irritating. Well I'm not that type of girl who does the same kasi with my close guys. That's why I get mad (jealous din sometimes). I sounded it off to him and luckily, because his school has ended already, he doesn't get to see him anymore. He said he understands my sentiments and thus try to back off a bit too. I just hope and pray he stay faithful to his promises.

Magbasa pa

It's quite dangerous to have friends of the opposite sex near my husband because to me he is very attractive and ma-appeal. But when I think about it, he already had those friends before he met me. So who am I to stop him from being friends with them since it's a barkada naman with male and female friends. So I just advise him to balance his time and make wise decisions. Trust is needed plus open communication to prevent any conflict or future issues. But for me personally, since we started our relationship I made the decision to cut off all of my guy friends to protect our relationship dahil alam kong gustuhin talaga ako at mahirap na baka may manggulo pa samin. Anxiety is the main reason why I feel jealous sometimes and LDR pa kami nang Fiancée ko, so high risk talaga for temptation on his part kahit never naman siya nagloko. Tiwala lang talaga kahit nakakatakot maniwala. 😂

Magbasa pa

For me, it's okay because I know some of his close girl friends are his co-workers (except this one girl I can't forget who we used to hang out with but tried to ruin us and build a gap between our marriage). Anyway, I still allow him to have new friends, to visit us at home and during occasions. I just don't know his side about this, because I have a very few friends and most of them are from my college pa, and if ever I will have a new guy friend, it would be from his friends too. Maybe I will never have my own set of friends for now because I am a stay-at-home mom.

Magbasa pa

Honestly, i am a very selosa wife. But, I know my husband very well. He makes friend with other girls (officemates), but not too close. Maybe, alam nya na kapag may asawa na, off limits na. Well, it is unwritten rule to all of us. Once you're in a relationship, dapat alam mo na yan. Your spouse should be your only bestfriend. Ganun din naman ako sa kanya. Just know your limitations and set boundaries.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Friends is ok. But close friends? I dont think so. If he needs a girl companion who will listen to him, I'm always here. Masaya naman ako sa partner ko kasi once sinabi ko sa kanya na ayoko nung kaibigan nya, lalayuan nya agad. Same ako sa kanya. Kapag ayaw nya lalayuan ko din agad. Mas iisipin namin feelings ng isat isa kesa sa feelings ng iba 😊

Magbasa pa

Trust is such a big part of a relationship. As much of a jealous person I am on the inside I try to be cool with him being close with his girl friends. While I never stalk my partner's social media, my amazing spy friends do that for me. Hahaha. So trust your significant other but it never hurts to be a bit careful and be sensitive to things going on.

Magbasa pa

Delikado maging close ang opposite sex lalo na kung parehong may asawa or kahit isa lang sa kanila ang may asawa. Kahit sabihin na hindi kaya kong makapag pigil, hanggang friends lang talaga. Mahirap yan lalo na kapag silang dalawa na lang ang mag kasama. So the best pa rin na huwag maging close. Tama na yung kakilala lang. Para iwas disgrasya.

Magbasa pa

I have a boy bestfriend since highschool, my husband has a girl best friend since time unknown. We just have boundaries. Kapag may bagong girl sa fb messenger or sa text (pakielamerang wife ako sorry haha), i check if it's just a friendly chit chat or getting flirtatious na. There's a fine line between being friendly and malandi.

Magbasa pa

My husband has girl friends pero through social media lang sila ngkakausap if business-related lang kasi I get to see their conversation and he involves me. No personal chit chat. He also doesn't go out na hindi ako kasama so there's no chance for him really to make friends with girls na nagkikita sila ng personal.

Magbasa pa

Not a big deal with me as long as they both know the word 'respect' to the spouse of the other. I also have friends from the opposite sex and my husband is also totally fine with it because I make sure I introduce him to all of them and I give them the chance to know each other to establish the trust and respect.

Magbasa pa