What can you say about the current vigilante killings in the country against drug users? Do you think it creates a conducive environment for your kids?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I think this creates a culture of fear and it also sends the wrong message that justice means violence. Sure, these people may have been drug users/pushers, but everyone deserves due process. It's so easy to assume and stereotype people. For all we know these people aren't addicts at all. They could have been framed or set up. Either way, guilty or innocent, murder is unjust.

Magbasa pa

I do not want to get political nor do I want to take sides but I for sure do not agree with killing people. Fear should not be the reason why people should follow the law and it does not send a good example to the youth/ future generations.

I'm actually bothered with the fact that most people aren't batting an eye about it. Couldn't believe the fact that people believe in what's written in a piece of cardboard or paper without any further proof of his wrongdoing. :(

Killing without due process is never okay, whether the person is a drug user or an innocent civilian. We'll never know how true these cardboards are saying. It's daunting to think that anyone can be killed as easy as that