What do you think about you or your husband having close friends of the opposite sex?

52 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Honestly it's the cause of our many slight to serious fights before. My partner's pool of friends consist of 70% girls (of same age bracket) the rest I don't really care that much as they're basically mix of boys + female friends who are old enough to get jealous with. On the other hand, I used to have guy close friends too but my partner don't give damn as I barely set friendly dates with them or call them or chat them as often as before. When we formally made our relationship official, I toned down seeing other boys na. Only those who normally visits our house and are close with my parents stayed the same. So back to the issue - I'm not comfortable with him being close to other girls. Cos when I say 'close' he's physically attached to these girls too. They kiss on the cheeks, hug, chat frequently on Facebook. And it's irritating. Well I'm not that type of girl who does the same kasi with my close guys. That's why I get mad (jealous din sometimes). I sounded it off to him and luckily, because his school has ended already, he doesn't get to see him anymore. He said he understands my sentiments and thus try to back off a bit too. I just hope and pray he stay faithful to his promises.

Magbasa pa