What are some of the most annoying things that non parents have said to you since you have become a parent?

60 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

People will always question and criticize you, your ways of parenting. 1. For my 1st born, i'm overprotective, so now people is blaming me for her late speech (just because they didn't get to hear what they want, aunt, uncle, etc or other people (relative) kids talk better than her. That's why i hate comparison!) Anyway she is going to school for almost a year, the teachers don't complain nor worried about her speech, i don't think you need to worry about it, anything teachers will inform me to do something about it and that is usually how to handle your kids temper! (Now she is doing well like a parrot.) 2. For my 2nd born, i let my son explore by letting him crawl on the floor. People get excited when they saw him crawling and start commenting he will be fast etc, but no one stop me and say shouldn't let him crawl on the floor before he cry. So when he cry, all blame you for letting him to crawl.. So no training, and expect him to walk next month? Anyway, i didn't let him cry more than 1 minutes than carry him up, i carry him up straight away when he cry. And my baby can't talk now, so isn't it normal for him to cry when he is tired or hungry? 3. For my 1st born, overprotective, now she is a picky eater, especially when i didn't monitor her during my confinement, now we have hard time feeding her, she is already 2 years old, and still expecting her to be on porridge forever.. So for my 2nd born, i decided to go more on BLW, and my GMIL who see his progress, is slowly excepting him with BLW style, but those who don't see him everyday, start to give many many comments say i should feed porridge instead of rice, but he is taking rice well, is only you can't feed him neatly, but he is doing BLW ok but just a bit messy. Which kid don't eat a mess? 4. By teaching my own children not to bring the toys home and cause them to cry mean i'm a bad parent? So by spoiling her and let her take people toys home mean i'm a good parent? 5. We can't scold our own children, but you can scold my children, well done

Read more

1) I'm so tired! (Hello, u r talking about tired to me?) 2) U only want to have 1 kid? U made him suffer to take care of u when u grow old! (Better than u don't even have a bf at your 30s) 3) Why r u wasting $ to get such an expensive pump when u don't intend to pump >6months? (Why? U jealous ah? I can afford it what) 4) Wait till u settle your child then we can hang out late. (This is my new life, settle what? I rather spend my time with my child than u) 5) U have maid what, y r u still so tired? Just tell your maid to do everything lah. 1 child only & U made yourself so tired(I'm speechless) 6) Your child falls sick again? Y is his immune system so weak! (Haiz, he just enter childcare .... Zzzzzz) - back in 2015

Read more

1. You're still breastfeeding her? She's old enough to drink formula milk, unless you don't want her to have the best. (I pity them for thinking otherwise on what's best for my baby.) 2. Why do you keep on carrying her, she might get used to it. (When my toddler was still an infant, I immediately attend to her cries and carry her to comfort her.) 3. You're a stay-at- home mom? How convenient! (Being a stay-at-home is not easy peasy!) 4. So now, you're working from home, how can you have enough time for your daughter? (That's the real power of a mother! Being on top of everything)

Read more
VIP Member

1. You are no fun anymore - why don't you have time to hangout? ('Cause I am juggling a newborn and work and a household, hanging out is my last priority at the moment) 2. Oh, you still have not lost the baby weight yet? (It's been 2 months - I haven't lost the weight and You haven't found your brains) 3. You look like you haven't slept in days...(why, thank you for the astute observation) 4. Do you want to go out for drinks? (Erm, no I am a breastfeeding mum) 5. So when do you think you're life will go back to normal (hello--- this is my new normal...)

Read more
5y ago

Ditch those asshole friends!

"naughty kids like this (referring to someone's child only about 12 months old) should be slapped" -this person always talk about children discipline mindlessly when she doesn't even have children "you housewife so good life" -says so many "you never work also tired? you tired do what? only have 1 baby" -like hello i took care of my baby and myself alone, cook and clean everyday with no extra help even during confinement and latch him on throughout the night. "you should stop breastfeeding, your boy is big already." -zzz

Read more

I'm a shm btw. Sometimes I go out, leaving my gal and boi with my hb. "Why do is have to go home so early?" "Can't u stay with us a bit longer.." Hb: "wat time u coming back? Mei needs ur neh neh." However I do meet pple who understand the woes of shm, pple can talk but sometimes I just shake it off. Dun have to listen to all. Sometimes to the extent of telling them... Bo lui, bo eng. To shake them off.

Read more

1) Why breastfeed your baby when you can afford those expensive formula milk out there? Your Breastmilk isn't enough for your child. 2) You're losing us, (closest friends) you've been such a KJ since you've had a baby. 3) That's why I really don't plan on having a child... (Whenever i would decline their invites because I choose to be with my kids/family)

Read more
VIP Member

The vicious cycle of drama Scene A: Hangout with baby "Why you bring your baby? You have curfew now and we can't hangout till late night!" Scene B: Without baby "Where is your baby? We missed him! How could you left him with nanny and go without him?" Geez.... what i do never right in their eyes. Go get a baby soon :p

Read more
8y ago

Sounds like they were teasing you. Hehe

I am a sahm and I often receive comments from friends: so shiok no need to work.. A sahm does not get any salary and has to be on duty 24 hours. Compared to when I was working, I get to rest during lunch time by taking short naps and do some readings, but at home I can't rest at all with 2kids plus 1 baby coming soon.

Read more

Here are a classic few: #1- We’re having an afternoon picnic in our back yard, but it’s strictly an adult-only event. #2 - You’re not going to start buying “mom jeans” now, are you? #3 - We’re thinking of having a baby, so we’re getting a puppy first to see if we’re cut out for the job.

Read more