What are some of the little things your parents did for you that made the biggest impact?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They let us speak our minds. As we were growing up, our opinions and likes and dislikes were taken into account. We were part of the decisions that were taken in our home. We were never told how not to behave. There was some unsaid discipline and decorum, which I don't how we learnt to abide. Our parents were liberal and the best thing that they did was bringing us up in that environment.

Read more

It's their unconditional love. They did everything they can to provide for us and raised us with all that they have. We came from a family with an average income, but they let us feel so secured and sent us to prestigious schools. I look up to my parents and I want to do the same to my kids.

Sadly, nothing maybe trauma? As i read this question and the other people reply. A tinge of sadness filled my heart and i felt disturbed. I wished i could have something nice worth saying or remembering but i dont. Good question though, makes me ponder :)

My parents had a limited source of income yet they gave the best of life to us to the best of their abilities. They made a lot of sacrifices for us. That has always made me grateful towards them and left a deep impact.

I think the best thing that happened to us watching them is that we grew up to be very down to earth grown ups. And the fact that no matter what that one should be with their loved ones through thick and thin.