What is the proper age gap between kids?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, You know, I never thought about what should be the appropriate age gap between kids till my daughter turned 6. As, now, I think that if one plans to have more than one kid, then have it soon, as in, when the first kid turns 2 or 3 year old. Because, what I feel is that if one takes longer time then you feel the whole process of delivering the baby and rearing him up too taxing. You do not feel like taking the plunge. And if you have kids back to back then you are mentally still dare to go through the whole process.

Read more

Hey I don't feel there is any perfect age gap between siblings as long as it is not really huge, such as almost 10 years or so. My kids have an age gap of exactly 6 years. Most people say it's too big, but they are perfectly happy with each other. Then again, I have seen twins who can't stand each other and even siblings with a gap of 2 years who are always fighting. So for me, as long as Ur able to make the kids be loving and friendly towards each other, the age gap won't really matter

Read more

I think, the gap of 3 years is fine between two kids. You become physically also ready to have another child and the first child is also grown up in the sense that he is not totally dependent on you for everything. Also, the age gap is not too less or too much and the children can bond with each other well.

Read more

My kids age gap is 6 yrs but now i feel its long gap. Acc to me 4 yrs is perfect