What is the major regret most mums have? Mine is not being able to spend as much as time with them as I hope to because I have to work alot. :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Why make them a regrets? Don't make them a regret, it'll make us feel bad forever. - never send them for enrichment like how other parents do. - never bring them go oversea enjoy like how other parents do. - never do baby photoshoot for them as that time the trend is not there yet and it's expensive. Now still feel it's expensive. -never insist to latch no1, blaming on my lazy. If going to list, can never list finish them all. Why make urself so hard and keep blaming. As long both my kids are happy and love me like me like i love them will do.

Read more

They call it the mum guilt. For full time working mum is not enough time for them . For stay at home mum unless the other half has high earning power, often the mum need to watch on how much she can spend on the kids and may feel shortchanging them. Either way there is often mum's guilt. I suppose the only one who does not have is where a mum does not need to work, have help and have disposable income! Those are the who can truly spend most time with their kids

Read more

mine is after going back go workforce when he is 1.5yrs till now 4yrs old. because i put him with my parents from sun night to fri night then pick him up. as we dont have car and fetching him daily is too tiring for both me and my son. most regret not having to spend time with him and so weekends me and my hubby definitely spend our time with him.

Read more

Convert to work part time? I gave up on the $ part to work part time and I get to spend more time with my kids after what have happened. I realized life is short. Yes pocket is tight but the time spent is worth it.

Similar to yours, a common one is not being able to totally "switch off" from work when one is with the family, and vice versa. Ending up feeling incompetent at all ends.. :(

VIP Member

Don't think its healthy to have regrets. Everything happens for a reason and at the right time. I truly believe that.

I regret after being angry to my son.