Balancing work and family

To working mums with a young baby/babies, how do you balance work and family? I feel like my priority has largely shifted from work to my young baby. I feel bad because I'm not able to give more attention to work right now and it is unfair to my employer. But ever since I have a baby, I realised that work isn't everything. I want to be financially independent but family is just as important to me if not more. Any mummies can share your experiences and struggles?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

its tiring to juggle work and family to be really honest. i have a good working environment which understands my role as a parent comes first but i know not to take it for granted. i miss my baby every time i send her to school. it never gets easy but i think for me, i work hard during my working hours, leave on time and switch my phone on silent when im home to play with my baby. weekends are precious to me and i will always dedicate a day with her to go out and play. take every free moment to be with your family, no matter how short the time. 💕

Read more
1y ago

thanks for sharing.

Hi mummy, I too believed is difficult to have balance in working life and focusing on my baby. I have a 6months old baby & I’m working 3shifts hour(Am,Pm and night shift). I can only say this “Family always comes first”, no matter what. I always believed that i can be replace at work, but no one can replace me as a mother to my child. also not forgotten we are a wife, a daughter, a sister, grandchild to someone too. Work earn then go home to our family. 😊

Read more
1y ago

thanks for sharing.

VIP Member

Nothing is easy.. I hv my infant at my workplace. I travel back & fro work with her every day, sees her in school any time of the day, yet I feel like I priorities my work more than my own infant. It sucks more when you are in the Early Childhood industry. You spend more time with other people kids but not your own. 🧘🏽‍♀️

Read more
1y ago

thanks for sharing. Indeed, must be tough for you.

I am also slowly learning to balance both work and family as I have a young baby of 10 months. I tried really hard to focus at work and whenever I have breaks and after work I will focus on my family. But it’s challenging because I’m wfh. Think we just cherish the moments and be in the present. :) enjoy work and family life :)

Read more
1y ago

thanks for sharing, I'll try to.

I m working in childcare my boy goes along with me. day in day out I try to manage time give as much time I can. sometimes feel low as I have lot of chores cooking cleaning laundry dishes sorting house , buying groceries but at night daily 1 hrs I give him full time. its just me and my boy.

1y ago

thanks for sharing.