What kind of thermometer do you use for your baby? I have an ear thermometer, but recently a friend was suggesting an app on my phone -- not sure of it is safe? Anyone have any experience with these?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. I pesonally think that app is not very safe. Moreover, you will expose your baby to the emitting radio waves from cell phones too. You can use ear thermometer or digital thermometer. You can measure with digital thermometer by placing under baby's armpit . Ear thermometer is more expensive and usually cost about $100 or more. The digital thermometer is safe to use on baby and you can get it at less than $20 from guardian or watsons.

Read more
Post reply image

I prefer ear thermometer compared to forehead thermometer as it is more accurate to measure through ears. Normally what I do is to measure both ears so to get the plus minus readings. I recommend BRAUN thermometer too and I have 2 to standby in case one broke down. For digital thermometer, my kids tend to wiggle and hard to get the readings unless while they are sleeping and thus I still prefer ear thermometer.

Read more
VIP Member

I wouldn't trust an app on a phone. Please invest in a proper thermometer. I have the Braun Thermoscan 5. There's a newer model - Thermoscan 7 which comes with an age range and has color codes to tell you if the baby's temperature is at an unsafe range. Ear thermometers are really easy to use and safe. http://parent.guide/best-baby-thermometer-the-expert-buyers-guide/

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

never trust an app on a phone for temperature taking. it cant really sensor it and its not safe. My doctor advise to get those digital thermometer as it safe for baby and ita more accurate when you place under the armpits as compared to ear thermometer as baby is too young to use ear thermometer . Whereas for a bigger child you can use that

Read more

I used to use omron but it didn't last. Now I'm using braun. I never knew got app to take temperature. Wow.

I dun trust the app ..it tin not very safe dun take the risk.. buy a good one..dun go for a cheap one..

thanks

Ear thermometer is the best