What kind of thermometer do you use for your lo (armpit or ear)? And what brand?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Using armpit thermometer - infrared ones (scan forehead) aren't accurate (especially for younger ones) because LO's foreheads are too small to get accurate readings, ear thermometers wouldn't work with active/scared LO and would just risk hurting them if they struggle while you try to get a reading. I can't remember the brand but I got it over-the-counter from pharmacies like Guardian/Watson's, it's in a white box with green words all over :)

Read more
VIP Member

Braun Thermoscan 7 - only got this after my bubba turned 6-7 months.. Initially was just using the stick type, but it takes so long to get the readings, especially more difficult when bubba starts squirming and crying - after 4 months.

VIP Member

i got both ear and armpit. reason being, when they are still newborn, ear hole tend to be smaller and it tends to be less accurate. i use armpit till 6 months old. i got guardian brand. while ear i got braun

forehead, because infant care services uses forehead, so I follow them to set as baseline

I'm using braun ear thermometer. I got it from the doctors, used CDA to pay.

VIP Member

I uses Braun Ear Thermometer.

7y ago

Oh i see. I shall stick back to the ear thermometer instead of buying another one 🙂

VIP Member

braun in ear thermometer

Pigeon (armpit)

Braun, ear