Flat head

What to do if LO has flat head on one side? We try turn him for few weeks now not much improvement. 2mo now. Please share experience :)

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I let baby sleep traditional yao lan. And it works. I only let baby sleep during the noon time. Some parents relectant to do so worried baby get used to it. But mine still OK. And they feel safer to sleep inside they can sleep longer. Morning she sleep in her cot. Noon yao lan Night time sleep on the bed with me.

Read more
VIP Member

I buy those infant donut pillow and also after every milk feed, I actually sayang the head in circular motion. And yes if baby sleep side, have to help then change side time to time

VIP Member

Pillows to prevent flat head, slp sarong for few months, or if very bad can go hospital for treatment, they will give you a helmet for bb. But its not cheap. 1k plus..

TapFluencer

Change head position occasionally when sleeping. Their head shape will still change as their soft spots not close yet until after 1 or 2 years.

VIP Member

Heard from my parent and relative about my cousin son also having this issue. She keep sayang in circulation motion, it helps.

Try to avoid pillows if your lo is below 1 year old as they can cause flat heads.

Gently massage his head and also as and when change side of his sleeping position

VIP Member

Maybe gently massage...Do check with the pd on your next visit(:

Super Mum

Mothercare sell pillow for flat head condition. Can check

Massage, and check mother are for a flat head pillow :)