What am I supposed to do? I think my dad cheated on my mum. He accidentally text me some message saying "Dear I reach home ready, text me when you reach there. I love u dear" but my mum is home with him. omg.... I feel so lousy.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, I just imagined all of this happening to me at 25 and I could feel how tough it would have been to believe all this. But now that I am 38, and I put myself in the same situation and I think I though I may have same disbelief but I will behave differently. Like, when I will speak to my father I will not talk with disgust. Anyway, I think you must confirm first what is happening in his life. Though, a man of a father's age has no one else to text apart from his wife or daughter, and if none of you are at the receiving end then there must be something fishy. I think you find it out to the core and if he is really seeing someone, confront him like a mature person. At this age, if he is straying out of marriage, find out the reason. Only after listening to him, you can decide how valid his point is. See, it can be just an emotional support he is seeking in someone, because with age sometimes women take husband wife relationship to some platonic level. They are least physically intimate and emotionally too they keep their relationship below every other relationship. They give priority to children and what is going in their life and contended with the mundane functioning. Men, on the contrary want a partner's emotional involvement in one's life. And if everything is at the back burner, he may get swayed if someone shows just little warmth. May be it is the case of emotional paucity. Do not reach to conclusions and talk to I'm first, and the you can decide how and when to bring your mother in or not.

Read more
7y ago

I have decided with my siblings to wait and observe him. there's a lot of things happening in between them. I somehow feel that my dad does it to 'revenge' on my mum. because my dad has been really paranoid. and he keep checking on my mum's phone and they would quarrel.

How close are u with ur dad and with ur mom? If I were u I'll confront my dad; face to face or through text. If he admit, advise him t stop his nonsense. If he denied, warn him better not let me catch him doing unfaithful stuff. then observe n depends on his attitude, if he continue his nonsense, tell ur mom. If I were u, I don't mind them getting a divorce and make sure the dad gives alimony to the mom. Because, do u really Wan t cover up for ur dad? Or do u really Wan t live in lies? I hope you n all ur siblings are already financially stable.

Read more

Oh dear. Big hugs to you. I will try to monitor for a while my dad's behaviour then confront him. Reason being men won't admit until evidence is dished out and you can't be sure what is going on now. And you need to tell your dad to make a decision if he really has an affair, leave the woman or leave your mom..although I hope the latter won't happen. After what moms suffer and go through to bring up a family I will be very angry with my dad for doing this to my mom. I dunno what to say and advise. But I hope things work out for you all

Read more
7y ago

haiz.. he cheated on my mother twice. once was when my sibling is only 2 months old, and the other time is 2 years ago. I feel so hurt and angry @ him.

I would talk to dad and ask him frankly what's going on. You owe it to your mum.