Conflict with MIL

Feel frustrated, i feel like i have no say over my child. Sent my LO to nursery, i think it is quite common that kids will cry when go to sch, when he familiarise, cry will stop eventually. But what happen is my MIL camp outside kindergarden, less than 30mins when she hear my LO crying, she immediately pick him home. Everyday also lidat, she keep saying cannot lidat let him cry. I said let the teacher handle, u dont keep bring him home must let him familiarise but she just dont listen.😠 she insisting must bring him home. Dont u think is overly protected? I hate living with MIL.....AHHHH Dear mummy, what is ur thought? Do u also pick ur LO imeediately when he cry?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello. As an educator myself, I don’t think sending the child back home is the solution. He’s definitely missing out on many things (eg social skills, hand-on activities etc) and it’s not helping him in learning to grow up. Yes, they definitely cry and feel anxious because of the temporary separation but maybe you could affirm and assure your child before leaving the school “Mummy promise you that mummy will be back to pick you up, don’t worry” or something along this line. Hope it helps. For MIL, get hubs to speak to her? 😬

Read more