Feel like everything is on me

My girl fell sick, my mum helped me take care of her and my husband just went home and settle his own stuff, when I bought her home and need to give her medicine during midnight he became frustrated with me. I feel like I am the only one responsible for my daughter and it's so depressing for me.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I told my husband before that I will not have another child if he is not helping or being supportive. I know it is very depressing even when my child is unwell and mothers are often the one that took leaves to take care of them. Waking up numerous times at night to make sure child is doing fine while snoring from husband is playing in the background. So frustrating and depressing knowing having a child is a decision by both parties. But action shown as if is only by one party. I used to think like this. And every single thing i will calculate like why I keep doing this and my husband is not. But one day I stopped feeling this way because I stopped thinking from my point of view. I think from my child’s , when my baby is sick they will want to have a mother that always make them feel better and safe. So i stopped feeling upset for myself, but independent for my child. But of course communication with your husband should also come first. Wish you all the best!

Read more
2y ago

thank u! 😊

I think it’s quite normal for the hubs to do these. If it’s an issue for u, u might wanna have a chat with him. To be honest, I don’t really mind doing the night duty, cause my husband sleeps like the dead. It’s more work to get him to wake up, then to deal with baby at night. As long as he helps around in the day and balance out the duties I’m okay. Like sometimes I’m up all night when baby wake up. So next day, he usually do the baby duties and let me rest. But if that’s not what’s happening, please do talk about it. Let him know your concerns, and how he can help to lighten your load.

Read more

cheer up babe, I've seen many cases where mommy is the one caring for their lo when they're sick. try talking to your hub. hope your girl get well soonnn

2y ago

thank you! 😊