What baby soap/shampoo/wash do you personally use for your babies who are one year old and below?

188 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My 18 month old has had very sensitive skin even as a baby. He would get rashes easily and developed atopic dermatitis, which runs in my side of the family, so we easily found out that J&J baby wash was not a good option for him. Our pedia recommended Cetaphil wash, which was okay and is the most commonly prescribed for babies with sensitive skin but we ended up using Physiogel for a longer period. It sometimes depends what brand a baby is most "hiyang." Eventually though as my baby got a little older, and as a budget-conscious mom, I asked my pedia for other budget-friendly, and less strong-smelling alternatives to Cetaphil/Physiogel and she recommended Trisopure baby wash. It's locally made so it's not that expensive, my baby smells great without the added "perfume" that some brands add, is still good for sensitive skin and you can use a bottle for a long time as it produces enough bubbles to easily soap baby with despite it being soap-free.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

My pedia also recommended Trisopure before for our baby. It helped our baby during his rashes days. We used it from his 1st month until 4th month.

Hi! Personally, i won't recommend j&j shampoo or body wash. My girls have very sensitive skin and we have a history ok skin asthma in our family. We've been using lactacyd when they were infants then switched to j&j.. My 4yr old had scalp irritation since we started using it. She had drying scalp accompanied by minor wounds. This made her very irritable. My 2yrs old also started having dry scalp. I was very alarmed when I saw that there was like what seemed to be a layer of scabs covering most of my elder daughter's scalp. I tried other shampoos and body washes for babies but then nothing changed 'til I used Nivea. Now,the wounds in my daughter's scalp are gone and she's not complaining abt it anymore. We also switched to Nivea powder. Though recently, Belo released her line of baby products that I am yet to research about. I'd like to know if they're good for very sensitive baby skin types. :)

Magbasa pa
8y ago

But it still depends on your baby's skin. I was told that it is still best to consult your pediatrician or a dermatologist for it.. :)

Hi! There's a variety of baby products to choose from here in the Philippines. We have a cheap and expensive, scented and unscented. But it will always be depending on your baby's compatibility to the product. I used Cetaphil to my baby when he was 0-3 mos old. Now that he's not that sensitive anymore, we are using Baby Care Plus, the milk one. His skin is so soft with it, no drying and it doesn't irritate his skin. It is also much cheaper than the other brand. With tons of choices in the market, it is really up to you on what product to use as long as it will be compatible to your baby's skin.

Magbasa pa

As i have remembered, we use johnson and johnson baby soap but after using it a couple of time, my baby had skin rashes. I consult a pedia and she recommend to try Lactacyd. It's okay with my baby. No more rashes but i think it was too mild for her. After 1-2hrs she began to smell (My baby is a heavy sweater) so i changed to baby cetaphil. I was happy and satisfied but not for too long. Because the baby cetaphil was cheap (compared to other cetaphil line), it's always out of stock. And so i changed again, we're now using Enfant baby wash, shampoo and soap. We love the scent!

Magbasa pa

I bought Lactacyd for baby as it is in the list of things that the hospital gave us that we should buy before I gave birth. Now, Im still using it as body wash for my baby. Im planning to switch to Human Nature or Mustela as it both has positive feedback from the users, however, I believe that Mustela is pricey so I guess will choose Human Nature. I still need to consult to our Pedia if it is safe for baby to switch body wash since he is only 2 mos. old. I will also ask what will be her recommendation, Im curious.☺

Magbasa pa

I bought lactacyd before giving birth since that's the one I used to my two kids. But it seems like my 3rd baby is too sensitive that's why his pedia prescribed us cetaphil. Cetaphil is pricey but is absolutely good for a baby's sensitive skin. It even makes his skin smoother and even smell good. Me and my hubby is planning to try human nature baby body wash due to the good reviews about it but will just have it as a substitute. We will still stick to cetaphil.

Magbasa pa

I've tried different kind of top to toe wash to check for any reaction. I started with Lactacyd, but she had dry patches on her skin. I tried mustela top to toe and unfortunately the same thing happened. I switched now to Nivea top to toe, no dry patches on her skin so far and I also love the smell as it lasts 'til our next bath at night. It actually depends on your LO's skin and better to ask your pedia about it to be safe.

Magbasa pa

I used cetaphil gentle cleanser for my baby's sensitive skin. It is mild and relieves itchy & irritated skin. My first born also used cetaphil because she has atopic dermatitis that get dries & itchy. It is very effective to softens & moisturizes skn.. It is also great for cleaning and washing after poop and diaper change . Highly recommended.

Magbasa pa

i have tried many bath soap for my daughter and the only baby wash that her skin love is the nivea head to toe wash. johnsons, avent, lactacyd, they dried my daughters skin. so i stop using them. i think it really depends on your child's skin. my kid is very sensitive. so monitor her/him every bath to see what fits them.

Magbasa pa

We use Lactacyd from newborn up to now. We also tried using J&J but my son developed skin rashes and irritation and decided to switch back again to Lactacyd, but now I am waiting for Coco Haven Baby Wash (made from VCO) to try use for my LO because the product has getting good reviews and feedbacks thats why decided to try it.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

I tried coco haven. It has a lasting smell that even my boy who is pawisin, smells good until the evening. But i noticed that, with everyday use, my baby's hair gets dry. I am not sure though with others who also use coco haven.