13 Replies

Change your diet, cut down on choc, sweet stuff and carbs. I had gdm too and thankfully i was cleared after 6 weeks of labour. Buy low GI bread. substitute your snacks with green salads. If you have cravings for sweet food, buy healthier peanut butter and dip it with green apples. That was my go to snack when i was pregnant and had gdm. Also do track your sugar level 2 hrs aft your meals and also before meals. Ensure that it is within the range. You can still have white rice if your sugar level is not that high. For me i could but i made sure that its half my normal portion but some pple can’t so its advisable to take brown rice instead. Avoid drinking milo too. If you are hungry after your meals, have healthy snacks. Don’t worry too much my dear and pls don’t google too much into this because i did that last time and all that stress is not good for the baby. Just eat healthy and yes do exercise too (take long walks at least 20 - 30 mins after your meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner) this will help to bring down your sugar level. All the best! You can do this! :)

Thanks for sharing!! I did googled a lot after diagnosed with gdm and frightens myself with all the consequences on baby. I think I have to stop googling now and focus more on controlling my diet!

I took the small portion but frequent consume way so body can handle the sugar intake.. for food portion wise, i opt for low GI also try to cut down on outside food such as double boiled/lao huo tang and opt for asam pedas sauce or no sauce when i eat rice cz all these contained invisible sugar. Fruit wise i totally skip durian and grapes. Towards last tri it was harder to control.. thats what happened to me

After my confinement i went back for the test again and is cleared.. didnt poke n check after deliver. :p

VIP Member

I had GDM for my first pregnancy. Diet control by reducing carbo and sugar intake. I had reduced my white rice portion by half and increased intake of protein and fibre instead. O totally avoid sweet drinks and fruits such as mango, watermelon which contains high sugar content. Go for wholemeal bread and brown rice if possible for carbo intake. :)

I spread the food which i think contains even little bit of sugar. For example milk and bread. I dont eat them together. I will eat bread on breakfast then will drink the milk on my afternoon snack. I also also make sure that carbo is lesser than my protein and fibre.

Cut down on carbs, eat more greens. Go for brown rice, Low gi bread. Do not eat fruit straight after meal, try to eat after 1-2 hr as the sugar from carbs and fruit will clash and cause sugar level to go high.

Same! Got a shock when dietitian said it’s a no no to eat fruit right after meal. Even yogurt also cannot eat right after meal.

VIP Member

Thanks for sharing! Yah I'm trying to cut down on white rice and white bread. May u know how long did you take to clear your GD?

I was diagnose at week 16, I went for 30-45mins walk daily after dinner.. cut all sugary food.. 4weeks later, it was cleared..

Did another round if test at the gynae.. Need to totally change diet and exercise.. Thereafter, every gynae visit, I did the urine dip test to check on sugar level in urine too.

I had on 15 October bt so far I don't know the results

Great👏

VIP Member

control ur diet and do some simple exercise

Super Mum

Diet control plus exercise is the key.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles