Diagnosed with GD at 29 weeks.

Hello mummies! I just finished my test and I was tested with GD. I’m on my 29 weeks and the baby is already 1.3 kilos. Can I check if anyone of had GD at third trimester, how did you overcome it? What foods did u eat and exercise did u do? I’m very worried on my baby 😢😢😢😢#firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

switch to brown rice and low GI wholemeal bread. I bought Zero GI sweetener (search monk fruit sweetener on shopee) as substitute for sugar. for fruits, try to take less sweet options like guava, apple, oranges. avoid fruit juices. I switched my snacks to plain yogurt with nuts or oat biscuits (but can only eat a little, too much will spike glucose level...) exercise helps with the glucose level! I followed prenatal workouts on youtube when I feel like I have energy to exercise, if not then I do a 15-20mins walk around my house. my favourite exercise is go shopping 😝 confirm will walk a lot 😉

Read more

I didnt eat rice for my first baby. Took other kinds of carbs. With me being in prediabetes range after i tested, all i had was monitoring of blood glucose wif my doctor. I used to have low fat milk and blueberries for breakfast. U can eat low gi bread it might be better n go as wholegrain as possible? End of it is portioning. My first was diagnosed at wk 20. I didnt exercise thou. This pregnancy i try to walk more

Read more

May I know what size was your baby when you guys delivered?