NIPT

Hi. Just want to ask if any of you taken those NIPT tests before during your first tri around 10w? Which one did you take? My gynae suggested me to take the NICE test. Initially after hearing from other friends, they took either Oscar or Harmony tests. And I was thinking I want to take the harmony test too. But when I asked my doc, he said harmony tests not as accurate. He said NICE is more accurate and all, and can test for digeorge or something too. Anyone any idea? Also, how long did the clinic get back to you? It’s been 1+ weeks for me. Thx

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I took the harmony test. I have also heard very good reviews about the igene tests. That’s done by a singapore company. This article has a good overview of the various tests you can do https://www.google.com/amp/s/sg.theasianparent.com/facts-about-down-syndrome-screening-tests-in-singapore/amp

Read more
5y ago

Hmmm but I already paid for the NICE test. Now waiting for results. Hopefully all good

Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies. This question was asked around 4 months back in early April 2019. So have already gotten all answers needed. Thanks

VIP Member

i took panorama. anyway nipt test dna defect, i noe someone who had low risk for this but baby had physical deformity during detailed scan :(

5y ago

Oh no :(((

I took Oscar test. Panaroma test too exp for me.. How much ur gynae charge for nice test

5y ago

Yes but I didn’t take Oscar cos the accuracy is not as high and I heard lots of scares and in the end ppl take another one for second opinion. My test prob similar to other NIPT which is around $1.1k...

VIP Member

I took panorama test. Chose it as the test is more accurate than oscar.

Super Mum

I took igene. The results is 99% accurate according to my gynae..

Super Mum

Yes yes, we took paranoma test. Never heard of nice test though

I did Panorama 1k with my gynae

Super Mum

Yup. Took paranoma

Super Mum

Panorama $1.3K