Which blood test screening is more comprehensive for chromosome abnormalities?

Hi mommies, may I know what blood tests have you all chosen? My gynae would like to order Harmony and Oscar tests for me at week 12. But I have also heard from some girl friends that Oscar test is not necessary. Or Panorama is better. I’m a lil’ confused. Thanks for your sharing your experience.#advicepls #firstbaby #firsttimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my gynae also recommend the same, to take both Oscar and harmony at week 12. initially was thinking to do harmony only cause of the accuracy rate but gynae mentioned that Oscar is able to detect the neck thickness which harmony cannot. so to play safe we are doing both tests at the same time to prevent unnecessary worries if Oscar result isn't optimistic.

Read more

I did both my tests at KKH. I’m not sure if oscar is the same as first trimester screening (FTS). Kkh offered me FTS and Harmony. FTS is important because it is able to check the nuchal translucency (NT) through an ultrasound. NT is the skin at the back of your baby’s neck. During the ultrasound, the sonographer also checks for structural defects.

Read more

i did not go for any of that. when i did my 12weeks check, through the ultrasound they somehow stated low risk. no matter what i still will keep the baby so i did not do any chromosome checks.

I did Oscar because of the neck thickness of my baby and result came back fake positive. My baby born healthy. I would take the paranoma / harmony test if I given the choice.

Suggest to take both. OSCAR don't just check for down syndrome. To me, they are pretty different tests, just that OSCAR also includes a risk assessment for down syndrome.

Harmony is more comprehensive and has higher accuracy rate then Oscars. Rather than taking both, maybe can save $ on Oscar and get NT scan instead

I took both tests, as both are different. OSCAR checks for structural things like neck thickness and all other body organs.

Panorama, it’s accurate and you will also know the gender.

I did NIPT, heard it’s 99% accurate.