Oscar or Harmony tests?

Hi all, need some advice.. The doc was asking us to choose between the Oscar & Harmony tests. One is 90% while the other 99% accurate. Doc has said Oscar is sufficient. What did u all take up? Or any advises?

45 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Consulted gynae, his advice is: if below 35, no family history, no false medication during the first trimester (like some tried abortion during early stage); then OSCAR will be sufficient. Of course, if there isn't budget limits, and to those always prefer the safest way, then Harmony will be your choice.

Read more

I took both. Our oscar result shows a small percentage of baby having down syndrome, we wanted to be sure & safe so we took harmony. It also tells us baby gender... if you excited to find out. Harmony cost about $800. If you wanna be extra sure, take harmony :)

my wife took Panaroma. it is better to go with the high accuracy one. it will help u to have a less headache. I heard stories of some parents whom worried unnecessarily due to Oscar results of false positive.

I have read that some of you went the subsidized way by doing it at KKSH. Any idea how u all go about doing it? Also what about the subsequent tests? Did your private doc say anything about it?

It depends.. im 32 this yr.. and went to Oscar. Doc say its sufficient. After 35 then go for harmony. Of cuz it depends how comfortable you are.

I only took Oscar test(coz the percentage of DS was very very low) so didn’t go for Harmony test, I was 37 when I pregnant

Im 34 when i had my 2nd baby, i went for Oscar only. Results are good hence gyne didnt push me for harmony

Super Mum

Oscar first unless have reason to do Harmony. Gender u will find out later anyway

VIP Member

I took the harmony test. It’s more accurate and can reveal the baby gender too.

VIP Member

I took oscar and its good enough. But then, next pregnancy if i have i will skip.