Opinions on no visitors

Just wanna get some of mummies opinions here. Would it be bad if you have a rule whereby you wouldn't want any visitors coming unannounced after you give birth? Like at least wait until a month or fully regained energy then accept visitors (be it family or friends) ? I have this thought in mind that I don't want my family to visit me whilst I'm still in confinement 😅 mainly because my mum has a really chippy mouth and sometimes doesn't think before she says things and I don't want that to cause me any emotional issues. As for hubby side , I think f.i.l is okay with this arrangement as he doesn't visit much also and is elderly so we'll probably be the one visiting him once I recover. On the other hand , my step dad is not talkative so i don't really care about his presence. 😅 I'm just worried my about my mum as I don't want her to feel like I cast her aside. This is my 2nd birth and during the first one we had issues so we weren't on talking terms. But now that all is good , I just don't know how to cope with a talkative and insensitive mum. 😅 Told hubby about this thought of mine and he supported me saying I should get all the rest I need since we're doing this alone. With a toddler in tow , hubby only able to help during his paternity leave , I really wanna get my mental health in check and stable. I don't wanna feel depressed like during my first birth. What are your thoughts on this? How should I announce it to my family? Or do I let hubby inform my family?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

No. You’ve just given birth to another human and you are entitled to all the rest and peace you need. Set aside our self esteem, our newborns are so fragile. If they really care about your baby and your well-being, they would understand you. Like you really can’t wait another month or something to see us? I would ask my husband to inform everyone that his wife and baby needs to rest and in the meantime, while we appreciate all your wishes and heart to visit us, we are currently not expecting any visitors. We will see you guys in a month. Don’t respond, don’t explain (like really why do I even need to explain when you’re asking the obvious right 😂). Push everything to your hub, let your hub face your mum.

Read more