Visitors to hospital

I'm going to deliver my no2 by C section again. I'm wondering if I can tell all family members that I don't want visitors except for my Mom & dad who will be bringing my no.1 to visit. Also because I really don't want to have to face my in-laws after such a major operation and still have to Chit chat with them.... plus after c-section, you need to pass gas which is a healthy sign and breastfeed... had so many visitors for no1, I felt like I was unable to rest and I really hated it that my in laws visited daily and brought my Husband old baby photos... like I really don't care about it.. it's not a party or a social event!!! Lol My relationship with my in laws are kind of complicated too and it's awkward when my parents and them meet too due to some "fighting" over my no1 when he was a baby (basically my MIL suddenly wanted to look after my baby once a week and I said NO and she said I'm v rude in setting boundaries...haha) ... I really don't Want to have to think about such awkwardness after my c section!!!! but then it's like v bad if I don't allow my in laws to visit my no2 at the hospital?? Haiz

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'd say that you are the mother of your children, so do what you feel is best! I can't exactly advise on what you can do with your in-laws, but when I gave birth, I only told a small handful of friends that: 1) I delivered the baby 2) I'd reply late for the next few weeks because I'd be spending all my time with my newborn so I wouldn't have time to reply them 3) Nobody should come visit until I said it was okay (I didn't tell them the ward/room etc, and made it clear we didn't want any visitors until confinement is over) For my relatives, I don't keep in contact with them so my parents shared the news - and the spam goes to them and not me. Likewise, we were firm in saying that we didn't want any visitors until the full month celebration!

Read more

I feel you mummy. As i have similar situation, my understanding husband actually helped me in this. He was the one who told me that I should get more rest and shall not inform anyone else except my own parents and in laws BUT he will try to tell in laws that i need more rest, please try not to disturb me in hospital, if they would want to visit the baby, they may do so when we were alrd home or after 1st month. It helps! Get hubby to talk to them, tell them you just had c-sect and requires more rest than natural. Think they would understand better. So end up my In laws didnt come, only sil came and visit like less than 30mins. Other than that, only my parents came with my no1 to visit us in hospital.

Read more
7y ago

Thank you :)