any pregnant and breastfeeding mummies took milk boosters and it actually helps with the supply? if yes, can share what are the boosters you took?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For no1, I exclusive pump, so the Milk booster work well. I took fenugreeks pill. You need to drink lots of water and eat well and pump often to see the supplies. No2, i latch most of the times, milk booster don't really work, and the best booster is his latching. Some milk booster are : Fenugreek pills Oats Chia seeds Milk booster cookies or brownies (because it's mix with lots of milk booster ingredients like oats, chia seed, fenugreek powder, dark chocolate, etc.) Dark chocolate Green papaya fish soup Oats milk, etc. Anyway, most important eat well, after breastfeeding, tend to be hungry, eat something again. Eat well give baby better milk with lots of nutrients too.

Read more

For me, I definitely need to stay hydrated to be able to have good supply. My boosters include durian, tempoyak (not kidding), Nutrisoy with Almond, salmon (sashimi or cooked), and home made lactation cookies with brewer's yeast. Longan and red date and black date tea also boosts my supply, though I think it's the kurma that does the boosting more than anything. I tried taking fenugreek but it just makes me smell like curry and gives the little one gas. I have oatmeal and milo in the morning too. I guess you just have to find what works for you.

Read more

Everyone has different milk booster. For me, * Dumex mama milk been taking it since pregnant till now every day without failing. ( you can get sample from below link) http://www.dumex.com.sg/registration?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PaidSocial&utm_content=FBad&utm_campaign=PregnancyRegister * Salmon * Oatmeal * Durian * Dark chocolate * Nuts (almond/etc) * Milo * Avocado

Read more

It varies for different people. What works for me may not work for you. Oats and chia seeds work for me though. Usually will take oatmeal with frisomum for breakfast and in between meals if hungry. Chia seed is to make it as drink. You can try lactation cookies available at kiddy palace too. Taste wise is quite nice.

Read more
8y ago

yea.. i tried most of it but it didnt work. guess my hormones dnt wanna coorperate and produce enough milk for my #1..

VIP Member

During pregnancy, I tried taking milk boosters, I didn't help much once I delivered. But these are the milk booster which i took during my breastfeeding days I'm a latch on mummy. So if my Baby is unable to clear my breast latching means it's a booster - Salmon - chayote - Oat Milk - Australia Milo!

Read more

I nursed my firstborn throughout pregnancy and no booster worked, unfortunately. After about 20+weeks, my milk supply dipped quite drastically and lo eventually stopped latching until almost the end of 3rd trimester.

For mine I took Dumex Mamil maternal milk mixed with milo. a booster to me, may not to you. However I felt no harm requesting for a sample to try. http://www.dumex.com.sg/products/Pages/Product-mamil-mama-precinutri.aspx

I tried brown rice, yam, avocado milkshake, ikan bilis, salmon, Korean rice drink, milo with oats, pulut hitam, 3 glasses of milk a day. It doesn't boost a lot but it's about 20-30ml more. Hope one of them can help you!

Lemon grass avocado barley fenugreek are my milk booster... I went to eat Thai food and had lemon grass steam sea bass.. Boost 70ml.. I am an average supply mom.. Usually pump 130ml each pump.. Baby is 3mth old..

Hi mommy!i taking lactation cookies and brownies..just to add on to my supply..but most imp,u have to keep urself hydrated..drink plenty of water n feed/pump often