Mummies who are breastfeeding- What are your milk boosters?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I agreed with what other mummies had shared. Latching and pumping more will helped in incresing milk supply. The rule that your body read is demand = supply! Also have adequate liquid intake and well-balanced diet. Most importantly have adequate rest as feeling stress will also affect the supply. My milk booster are the following few: 1) Salmon 2) Overnight oats (added brewer yeasts, flaxseed, rolled oats, oat milk, yoghurt and fruits) 3) Lactation cookies 4) Papaya fish soup 5) Milo with oats and VCO However, it varies toneach individuals. Eg durian isva milk booster for sone for is a milk killer for me. Thus you got to trial and error to test it out. =)

Read more

I took Dumex maternal milk. it has prebiotics, DHA, omega & many other nutrients that sounds like a mix of many other individual milk booster like chia seeds & oats. I find it not so sweet as well hence is a good mix to taken with milo. can try by requesting a sample from them: http://www.dumex.com.sg/products/Pages/Product-mamil-mama-precinutri.aspx

Read more
VIP Member

When I attended a breastfeeding talk I was told that the more times I breastfeed the more milk my breast will produce and yes that really worked for me. Fennel seeds can help boost the quantity of breast milk and it also aids in digestion and will help control baby-colic, a glass of carrot juice during breakfast will also boost the quality of milk.

Read more
VIP Member

Incase you are not latching and exclusively pumping, -lactation cookies - chia seed - oats - fenugreeks - durian - salmon - green papaya soup with threadfin - dark chocolate Night time is the best booster, so don't skip the night pump. Remember to wake up pump 2-3 hourly too. As usual, pump often in the days to boost and maintain the supply.

Read more

Agree with other mummies here..keep calm and latch on is the best to maintain supply. If you need the boost though, you can try lactation treats (cookies or brownies with oats, cranberries, fennel seeds), drink plenty of water, eat more soupy meals, take moringa or fenugreek supplements. Those work well with me.

Read more
VIP Member

Aruna is so right - latch more to increase supply. Also Ensure adequate intake of water. Personally my boosters are Milo with extra virgin coconut oil and durian

My main milk boosters are water, dairy products, fruits, veggies and oats. My 11months old is on complete breastfeeding.

VIP Member

Australia Milo, durians, salmon sashimi are def my biggest boosters

my booster is coffee n milk... ice cream too