Any of u tried leaving your kids with your parents/in-law/babysitter etc for a few days and you n hubby go for a short vacation overseas jus the two of u ? I desire to spend such time with my hubby but can't bear to go for vacation without my kids and leave them in Singapore .. usually we will bring them along with us but frens suggested this idea so we can have a little break , have some couple time with hubby to recharge and rejuvenate

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup - when baby is abt 5months, left w my in laws for 4 days. My mil has been taking care of baby for a few hrs almost every wkday since 2 months n once a wk we put baby at their house - so that grandparents can bring baby out and spend time w baby and mummy has off day or now that I start working - more time to do work. Intend to bring baby for some and not bring for some. They are v hardy and adaptable. A few days no mummy and daddy and even if a few days of meltdown or not the top most hygienic practices won't hurt them much. They need to be adaptable and they are very actually

Read more
VIP Member

Yes i do for twice.. Once when baby is 4 months old.. And once when baby is 8 months old... But i realize for first time its ok. Second time we feel so unusual missing our baby but everyday we will keep in contact with baby by video calls. And we can also feel that he miss us. When we go home , he seem so excited and happy . Once in awhile , both of us still need some couple time.. But of course , sometimes will bring kids along depend on country and weather as well.

Read more
7y ago

my parents help me look after my baby . And my siblings help to look after too when they are back from school.. And it works well and i totally no worries for my child as long as it in my family care 😀

VIP Member

Ever thought of that. but never done so because i don't trust my inlaws even though they help in the care taking daily with me. Even when i'm around, sometimes they are unable to handle the tantrums and meltdowns of my kids. Secondly, they are pretty old in age they aren't as alert as us. My husband also doesn't feel safe too. Thus we always rejected the idea of travelling without kids

Read more
VIP Member

my husband n i went holiday for 4 days n 3 nights. allow my parent in law to look after my 9 month old dau that time. honestly speaking yes its true we as a women wanna spend e holiday wif our husband. then again. my thoughts n worrying is there for my dau. dats how i felt.

TapFluencer

I travel for about 10 days when baby was 2 months old. My in law helps to take care. I feel safe becoz baby still small only sleep, drink and poo so she doesn't really need to do much. If now.... I think I won't, I will bring my boy along to where I go

Yes I did for 3 times with my hubby. My advice is please do it before they start schooling and when you got help, otherwise you will struggle with only fixed holiday period to go overseas.

I did it when baby was 6 months old. But we need self care too right.