Sending LO to child care

Will it too late if send him when he’s 2 yrs old? At what age do you send yours?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

3 years old. Before starting, get him to role play what lessons will be like in a class, encourage child to mingle n play with other kids, take turns and share the toys. Then he will be look forward to going to the child care centre.

VIP Member

I sent my son at 2! He has speech delay so we kinda delayed his enrolment until he was able to express himself (at least through gestures) so that he feels better knowing that he can communicate his needs with the teachers :)

I started my son at 3 years. Little ones are very adaptable. At any age, I think it’s important to prep them mentally and emotionally ahead of time so they can anticipate and can accept the change a little more smoothly.

VIP Member

Nope, not too late. Some kids only start preschool at 3 or even 4 years old. I started my older child at 18m and the younger one at 12m because I had to work, if I were a sahm, I think I’ll start at 3 or 4 years old.

2 years old is just nice for your child to start childcare. not too young and immune system is better to cope with any germs or virus during sick season. i sent my daughter when she was 18 months old.

No ah! I intend t send my lo when he's 2 years old. Anything younger I feel it's too much stress on the lo. After all, must have playtime right? Hehehe

VIP Member

Exactly 2 yrs .. I send him my kid to school after his 2nd birthday.. for few days he cried after that he is ok

VIP Member

Mine went to 2h playgroup at 2 years old Am sending her to full day class starting from next year

VIP Member

Im planning to send by 18months. To be more independent & socialize i guess..

VIP Member

Not too late it’s correct time my kid started around 2+ only to child care