Preschools and what age did you start sending your child to preschool

Will be grateful for reviews from parents who have sent/are sending their children to MindChamps Temasek Club, MindChamps Paragon, MindChamps Holland Village or MindChamps Lorong Chuan 😊 Also what age did you send your child to preschool? Would you have sent your child to preschool at a later age on hindsight? Thanks!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

u seem to like midchamps alot! haha. from a teachers point of view i never liked working there, but i do hear decent reviews of children who were there in their early years. sorry cant help much there now as a parent, i chose to skip infantcare altogether and might consider sending my baby to playgroup but still quite half hearted tbh. if i had the means, id rather homeschool until 3 turning 4 years old and then send to a kindergarten with shorter hours than a full day childcare. or something like 8 to 4pm. sure theres the social skills to consider but i always emphasize on self dependence/help skills, emotional regulation, kindness and gross motor skills before reaching four years old. its easier and kinder on the child before easing into a social setting and to respect rules. a calm and prepared child might be better at adapting to new environment and might not even have an anxious attachment when separating from u. even better, start at half day for a couple of months especially when theyre super young and then slowly increase the hours to full day if u can. ive seen my students cope better and in the end tell their parents they are ok to stay for a full day at school on their own accord. some parents do half day from n1, n2 then transition to full day at kindy. so 💁 ps. check if teachers are happy at work with good welfare and a kind and fair principal leading them. its never the brand, rather the environment! better still if resources and set up are age appropriate too

Read more