pacifiers

Is there an appropriate age to start giving pacifiers? My LOs are 3 weeks old and my husb keeps insisting on giving them when they cry. And they do cry a lot esp at night. My girl is colicky and tends to want to suck all the time. My boy doesnt but he cries and wants to be carried all the time at night.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is no appropriate age... i guess u can offer anytime if baby displays a need to suck and make baby calmer. There is no right or wrong in this... trust ur own instincts in whats best for the baby. I gave my boy abt 4 weeks, cus he kept on crying. We were at our wits end, and a pacifier really helped.

Read more
VIP Member

Pacifiers are safe for newborns. If they will take pacifiers, you can give it to them. My baby doesn’t like pacifiers but I was too overwhelmed to train her to take. I will just latch her when she cries at night but it’s tiring for me.

4y ago

Suckling is way of self comfort but breastfed babies will seldom over feed. Perhaps try to burp her before and after you feed and see if it improves.

Gave my baby pacifier at 2 weeks. But she doesn't like it and will spit it out. Will only suck when hungry or very sleepy, but only for a while

Super Mum

There are different pacifier for different age group. Personally I find pacifier a life saver

Yes can 3 weeks old is ready for pacifier

Just give and see whether ur LO want

VIP Member

Anytime baby is teady...