Help mommies!

My 2-month old baby constantly wants to be held all the time and will cry the moment he is being put down to bed, day and night time. I can’t do simple things like going to toilet or have a meal without others helping me to carry him. Any advice please? When do babies grow out of this or if they will ever if we always pick them up when they cry?#firsttimemom #firstmom #adviceappreciated #adviceplease #help

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hang in there mummy, they will definitely outgrow this phase. Mine was also like that when she was 1-2 months old, that time she also had colic and reflux issues, maybe that’s why she feels uncomfortable and cranky. I was a clueless ftm and had no idea what to do, the only thing I did was co-sleeping and she seems to be calmer that way. I also went to PD and was prescribed some medications to help with the gassy tummy. Things got better when she hit 3 months old, hope it’ll be the same for you!

Read more

My baby also had to be carried until fall asleep then v slowly put onto the bassinet/bed and also with swaddle. It’s normal.. can start doing simple sleeping routine. We tried the sleep training at 4 months onwards. Tough times but hang in there!!

2mo ago

We tried Ferber initially which worked for a few days until baby kinda knew and would cry harder when we pat her so had to do cry it out 🥺

Try swaddling him when going to bed during night time? He will feel more secure.

2mo ago

I have also used the zip swaddles, in fact, I used 3 different kinds of swaddles but it didn’t help for the day time, he constantly keeps crying to be carried from his cot 😥😥😥 I worry it will be an issue when I return to work

Consider getting an electric baby hammock (yaolan)? It saves our lives!

2mo ago

The house is abit too cramp for it :(