Baby doesn’t want to be let down

My baby is 2 months old and wants to be carried all the time. He cries when we put him down. We are afraid that this becomes a bad habit for him. Should we let this behaviour continue or allow him to cry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi dear i guess ur baby get scared when u leave him down try to pat him to sleep and put him into the bed. If its not sleeping time try to find some tine to put him on a play mat or baby Gym with a playmat on the floor or bed and play with ur baby place a bolster or a small pillow next to him so he feel someone is next to him. Try to do your work when he is playing sit next to him and do the clothes folding or taking lunch whilr hs is playing next to you so he could watch ypu and have a small nap when he is also sleeping dun hug him let him on his own..

Read more

you might also want to get a Rocker if you don't have any yet anf place a small pillow or bolster beside him for him to feel secure. buy 1 which comes with those hanging toys... slowly he will get used to this pattern. Dont let him cry too much talk to him if after u pat him to stop crying tell him mummy is here next to you dont worry you will be fine and keep talking when i do ur work and hr looks at you. Hope this will help

Read more

OMG my one month old is exactly the same! Swaddling doesn’t work on her at all, she hates it and kick it off with her powerful arms and legs lol. So I tried to get her to get use to the bouncer. Put her down on it whenever she is being carried till deep sleep. I just bought a baby wrap on Taobao, thinking of baby wearing her close to my chest at home so as to free my hands!

Read more
TapFluencer

I think for his age, it’s quite normal. Babies feel insecure and are require more attention. Mine did that too and only gradually lessen the need for constant attention when he’s playing by himself. Probably go with swaddling, reassurance and don’t rush to hug or cuddle. Some soothing music and letting your little one know you are still near by helps.

Read more
VIP Member

they are very insecure now and it is your fourth trimester. i lay my girl on my chest and let her feel and listen to my heartbeat. i use babywear. it is a phase! can never be a bad habit. they used to live in dark area where they float and play around. exposed out, cant see properly, wants to be with mum is normal

Read more

I don’t think they can be spoiled at such a young age, especially after 9-10 months in a protected environment, everything is scary for them. I think swaddling helps, and I kinda put up a “fortress” around him to make him feel protected. Haha.

Remember baby only when they young and little will let you carry once they started grow up they won't let you carry anymore all baby are same they will become like that is because they think no enough secured towards me I enjoy carry them all way

All my boys are used to rockers and swaddles. They didnt have 'the habit of asking to be carried'. My boys were good when i was going thru confinement and also till they are big. Well you could use a rocker to soothe ur lo.

VIP Member

had the same thoughts for my first born but when the day she didnt want to be carried, we became sad:*( #parentlife :)) enjoy it while you can! :)

I understand yes it might be bad habit but slowly time fade away baby won't when they grow up one day I'm mother of two