Swaddle

Do u swaddle your baby every day and night? I find that weather is too hot to swaddle my baby in the day unless I on the air con.

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I swaddled #1 more than #2. #2 simply didn't like to be swaddled so we just covered him lightly with the muslin cloth . Agree that the weather is sooo hot and not conducive to thick clothing layers, esp for babies who can't regulate their body temp well. If u find it is too hot, either switch on fan/aircon to cool the room or see if your baby is ok to just have a light cover over him.

Read more
TapFluencer

Yes, I swaddle my girl till she 2 month old. Swaddling baby is to let them feel secure and they can sleep better. It's OK to swaddle them even without aircon. Cos when they are in our tummy the temperature is higher. If you don't swaddle them you will see them sneeze easily.

Maybe just at night? We stopped swaddling the LO after about 2 months because his arms just kept escaping and he was sweating despite the aircon on.

TapFluencer

Not day and night but only sleep time. Other timing if we swaddle the hands keep wanting to be out so we don't swaddle.

VIP Member

How old is your baby? Mine don’t like swaddle so we only swaddle when he want to sleep/nap and stop after 6 months

Super Mum

Swaddle only when baby sleeps, otherwise better to leave them unswaddled so they can move around freely

Super Mum

Maybe at night when it's cooler? Baby may feel more secure and sleep better, at least initially

Only swaddle at night as I will in air con too. Day time no air con and sg weather is hot!

VIP Member

Swaddle baby till about 2 months. Day time, I put baby in well ventilated room with fan

I swaddle day n night.. during day time i use the thin muslin cloth much more airy