sometimes i hate my work environment so much that i contemplate being a sahm. is that a wrong motivation to be a sahm?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... it is not wrong to have the desire to be a SAHM. Discuss with your hubby and if you can do without the extra income, why not? Alternatively, you can look for a part time job or work that you can do at home. Plan ahead to leave the toxic work environment you’re in. Take care

It’s normal to have such thoughts but don’t let your hate for work environment become that motivation. sahm requires as much dedication and the journey is tough as well. depends on what you can handle. is there anything you can change about ur work environment?

VIP Member

There is no right or wrong being a sahm. There are many pros and cons being a sahm. First thing is income. It will become a one sided income. Lifestyle and habits have to be changed. What happen at work? Maybe you try changing job?

Read more
TapFluencer

Do not let your emotions rule over your life. If you hate your work environment and not the work, maybe you need to look for a new job. Do the pros and cons of having a job and being jobless. Then you decide based on facts and not feelings.

Dear mum, Yes I believe it is not the right drive to be a SAHM. I suggest you fight through and try being positive at work which will become a very proud moment for yourself :)

If work environment really makes you unhappy , consider switching jobs? Remember, your happiness matters the most.

Aside from hating your work environment, are there any other factors which you would like to be a stay home mom?

TapFluencer

It's not wrong. You probably just need a change. Try being a SAHM, who knows, you might love it.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong, you just have to weigh out the pros and cons?

VIP Member

Sahm is not easy I felt, perhaps working environment push us to be a sahm, cheer up!