Need to ventilate all out. Need a listening ear.. I'm a SAHM starting jan this year looking after my two kids .. 4 & 2 years old . My Husband really hurt my heart when he said that I'm having a good life being a SAHM , whole day doing nothing .. while he slog outside n bring income for family . Unless u have been a full time SAHM , u won't understand how challenging it can be being a SAHM . I feel sad n hurt. Being a SAHM is not an easy task but I'm happy to take up this challenge especially seeing my children grow n reach different milestones . But my feeling is hurt over n over again when my hubby says that . Because I'm a SAHM, he doesn't really wanna help me with taking care of children. He sees me like a SAHM n so naturally all these are under my scope of work :( I'm so sad . Am I being too sensitive ?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

no joanna u r not being insensitive. its ok to feel what feel. i am a SAHM too starting this yr. infact with three kids. u need to educate your husband its not an easy task. so to teach time that... when he is home.. ask him for permission if u could go out kaikai and take some fresh air... leave the kids with him and let him have a taste of the medicine... 😂😂 it worka for me... then when he understand the deal. he tend to appreciate more in days to come. infact always share with him your day. communication is key. and also... parenting nees 2 head. u can be father n mother at the same time.. but trust me. i know how tiring it is... but u will see them grow so fast that u will kiss all the times. you are doing good. cheer up. your a doing the most blessed job in the world... might not get paid now... but in the hereafter your kids will rememver what u hv done for them. therefore u deserve the heaven 😊

Read more

Hi there. I don't think you're being too sensitive. Being a SAHM is not an easy 'job'! Your husband doesn't realize how lucky he is to have such great support from you to leave your job to be at home all day with the kids. You should have an honest conversation with him and ask him to take care of the kids for the fully Day on a weekend to actually see how much work and effort goes in to looking after the kids. Likely he'll realize how tiring it is mentally,physically and emotionally and then be more open to helping around the house. You need to be able to communicate with him so he understands and you don't feel bad. Stay strong and don't feel bad. Mums are the superhero's of the family!

Read more

No, you're not. Some men thought they just need to bring bread for the family and that's all. I'm father of 2 daughters and my wife is also working. It is unfair and selfish to say I am tire but she is not after a day work. I help in taking care of our children and do most of the household chores so that my wife has more rest. Why I do that? I marry a lady to be my wife not maid. Perhaps you may talk to him and let him understand. He may have forgotten you're his wife and he has role to play as a father. If he thinks just bring bread to the family is sufficient, then ask him to switch role with you. SAHM is not easy. Hope thing will turn better for you soon. Take care. Jia You.

Read more
4y ago

Tell him you're not those traditional Japanese type wife. If you have spare time, you can help him to make coffee otherwise please help himself. This is house, neither restaurant nor hotel. If you are tire means you are tire, you have no more energy to show "care and concern". Even if you are not, you can still say you are tire. You have the right. He needs to learn respect and understanding. Don't because for children's sake, you give in everything to him. You're protected by the Women's Charter. Be yourself and brave. Jia You 💪

You r not being sensitive. I think u have every right to feel upset. Being appreciative of each other is basic respect in every marriage regardless how small of big the things we do for each other. You should have a chat with your hub and let him know how u feel. Don’t make it into a blaming game because marriage is really about teamwork. Doesn’t matter who does more or less, who’s more tired - not a competition. At the end of the day, it’s finding a balance and understanding who does what best and what what works best for the family as a whole right? Sit him down and talk to him. Help him to understand what u r feeling and going through. Good luck mummy!

Read more

My hubby is totally the same like yours!!! He always says (in fact yest just say again) Sahm very good life one!!! I told him Sahm very tiring but he debated and said only ppl who work are tired but I told him Sahm have to take care or kids and play with them etc and most importantly in the night we can’t sleep well coz we need to keep waking up to check on the well-being and safety of our kids, even more tired than being who get to sleep throughout the night and work only!!!

Read more

Sorry I'm jz sharing. In Islam, housechores is husband's responsibilities. The wife doing the housechores, is an act of charity/emphaty. But to me it's love. So that we cn all rest together when husband comes back. But he will not neglect his duty. To help out. Pls take note parents: Raising a child is BOTH the parents' responsibility. Not only the mom or the husband alone if he is a househusband. Teamwork is key. Support system is key.

Read more

How is SAHM having a good life. You have to watch the kids 24/7, no leave, no off, minimal allowance? No proper meal breaks, even going to the toilet is challenging. Get him to stay home with the kids for 3 days while you go for a short break. Let him have a taste of this "good life" you are apparently enjoying.

Read more

No, definitely not. I'm a new dad myself, and I know first hand how tiring it is to take care of children, having spent 1 month with my baby after her delivery. Perhaps u can make an arrangement with your husband, let him take care of your kids 1 full day, he'll know the toughness of what u go through everyday

Read more

no..you're not being too sensitive. just let him try out how its like looking after 2 kids by himself 1 day so he know what hard work it is.