miserable re pumping.

tried really hard to wake up every 3h to pump in the night but i just fail. so exhausted i don’t even hear the alarm even though i am a light sleeper. managed to wake up only every 4.5 - 5 hourly to do so. few like a really bad mother. anyone has similar experience or advice re pumping? i’m afraid to get engorgement esp after my post natal massages end. but i m really just so tired. in the day i always make effort to latch baby when hungry. i just NEED a decent sleep at night for just at least 4 hours a stretch. feel like i can’t go on to bf.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pump when you wake up to feed baby? That's usually what I do now or if engorgement hurt too much it will wake me up to pump too. Abt 4-5h at night is fine I guess. Just try to pump more often in the day.

Super Mum

Hey.. the 2-3 hours can just be during the day time, dear ❤️ At night, sleep all you can. Pump only when needed. 4-5 hours is perfect actually:)

You can pump/latch 2 to 3 hourly in the day and pump 4 hourly in the night. You boobs will adjust accordingly to your needs.

Super Mum

Mummy shouldnt be too tired too... dont be too hard on yoursrlf. The baby needs a happy mummy more

I’ve been totally oversleeping and doing 4-5.5 hrs at night. And turns out to be totally fine.