Do you sleep train your LO? If yes, how do you do so? If no, why?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you don't like the idea of leaving your baby to cry alone – or you've tried cry it out (CIO)methods and they didn't work for you. You may want to consider no tears methods. - Establish a regular nap schedule. A consistent sleep routine during the daytime helps regulate nighttime sleep. - Put your baby to bed on the early side, such as 6:30 or 7 o'clock. Don't fall into the trap of keeping your baby awake so he'll be more tired. An overtired baby may actually have a harder time getting to sleep. Some experts say babies who go to bed earlier sleep longer, too. - Find a soothing bedtime routine and stick to it. For example, a bath, then a book, then alullaby, then bed, at the same time every night. - Create a comfortable sleep environment that's tailored to your child. Some babies need more quiet and darkness than others. Recordings of soft music or nature sounds or the sound of a gurgling aquarium can be soothing. 

Read more

I engaged a sleep consultant and sleep trained my lo at 5 weeks old because it was taking a toll on me. In the day, he only slept when being carried and at night he woke up every 1.5-2.5 hours. But I'm against CIO so I went to find out what other methods there were. Many people associate sleep training to CIO but there are gentler methods and yes establishing a routine is important. Once he was sleep trained, it was a breeze, he learnt how to fall asleep on his own and in the cot so definitely no regrets doing it.

Read more
8y ago

Hi, can I ask who did you engage and what's the charges like?

Try to establish a bedtime routine so that these set of actions will be associated with "bedtime" and "sleeping". My friends often give their little ones a quick wipe down, followed by brushing teeth, changing to pajamas, and ending with a bedtime story/song/chitchat session with mummy as their routine.

Read more

We don't train per say. We did provide her a routine and ensure that she 'understands' night and day by using purely daylight and minimal lights in the bedroom during nightfall. It worked out quite well. My daughter is able to sleep through the night since about 3m+ old.

Set a routine. LO needs a routine to follow. Once they are used to it, they will follow. usually before nap time, i will calm her down. night time, i will play soft music, dim the light so that the LO can prepare to zzz :)

hi, I wrote a blog on sleep training procedure- www.thefirsttimemama.com Hope it helps :)

We gave her a routine. Distinguish day/night, naps and calm atmosphere before sleeping.

VIP Member

Yes. Night lamp, cool atmosphere, lullaby

Yes

Yes