Do you think you are a good parent? If Yes or No, may I know why?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I try my very best. Even though, I have PPD. PTSD, anxiety, depression. I always feel like I am not doing good enough. I would never harm my children or put them in harms way. But, some days are just hard to get out of bed. I always try to remember, a temper tantrum doesn't last forever, even if it feels like it does. One day, they will grow to a point where they're self-sufficient. I just pray, I am. That if you're having a rough time, imagine how hard it is for them. I do wish I had some mummy time. i tried it once but, I felt terribly guilty for feeling a little bit of relief from the space between us. I missed him so much. even though it was just barely an hour. Being a good parent is very important to me.. I just want my children to be happy, well balanced people. It is a struggle that I feel I am doing all alone.. No friends, no one. I look to forums like these for support or to reach out.

Read more

I try to be a good parent but I really don't know how well I am doing. There are times when I am a good parent but then there are times when I fail to be one. I could feel those moments when I lose my temper and turn crazy and that time I know I am not behaving as a good parent should do. I think we as parents, especially the ones who are raising their first kid are in the process of learning themselves. We are new to parenting as the kid is new to the world. I am becoming better with each experience of parenting and evolving. So, don't know about how much good I will be able to become as a parent but I am sure, I am going to become a good grandmother. :)

Read more

i'll just take some credit here and say that yes, i am a good parent. i have consciously tried to make sure that my kids grow up with values and the ability to have empathy and understanding, and i can see that happening already. i do a good juggling act of managing home and work, and my kids are quite independent, even the younger one who is still a toddler. i am happy that i am their best friend, which they admit, and that they are already more responsible and sensible than their age warrants, and are on the path to become happy, healthy and humane beings.. of course i am not perfect, i am good :)

Read more

Yes I am a good parent, but I'm not the best. I try my best to give them everything which i know may not be enough.

I don't have the answer to that's But i know for sure, I'm a good parent if my kids tell me that one day.

VIP Member

Waiting for the day my LO answer tis question

I am a good parent to the best of my ability