Should newborn sleep in a cot together with both parents in the master bedroom? Or should the newborn be put in a cot in a separate common bedroom with both parents rotated to look after the baby?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you have space and if baby has a room of her own. I suggest you to allow baby to sleep in her own cot/room. This is familiarise her from young, and it is indeed easier to start from young rather then an older age. Many times we often say, it's okay. But on the long run we need to know the pro and cons. With h that said, it is still up to an individual preference. Most importantly, both mummy and daddy should be agreeable of the decision made :)

Read more

Room constraints so bb sleep in her cot with us in our room. This arrangement was especially convenient in the early newborn stage due to the numerous feedings & latching thruout the night. Also im aware when she stirs up. on a few such occasion, it was life saving cos she reflux n got covered in her puke n she only made some muffled sounds for helps which was damn scary for a ftm like me.

Read more
VIP Member

We did the latter - and also had a monitor set up. We wanted baby to get used to her own environment

We let bb slp in cot in our room cause of convenience

VIP Member

My baby sleep in e cot same room with mommy n daddy.