Is it better to let our newborn sleep in the same room as parents? Or separate room is better?

Thinking if I should prepare a nursery room

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi there mama, Congratulations! I definitely had the same question in my head when it came to our first born - I mean I saw all the beautiful nurseries in magazines and the movies and I was like, “I want that too!” Then, being me, i was too lazy to move back and forth from the nursery to feed her, change her, etc. I ended up having her sleep in a cot in our room and her changing mat was portable. The only thing that stayed in her room were the clothes and toys. So it really is about practicality and what works for you and your family, I feel :) Hope this helps!

Read more

hello. Same here I always wanted a nursery for my child but if you don't mind going back and forth every 2hours for feeding in the next room. Personally I would recommend to put the crib beside your bed at least it's easier for u. once yr child is 6months and above u can let me have his/her own room as he/she won't be waking up every 2hours and will sleep much longer.

Read more
Super Mum

I think it really depends on you. For me it was about practicality (my husband prompted me regarding this). Would I, in the middle of the night, be okay with walking over to the other room? I got too sleepy so I decided to co-sleep :) You do YOU mama.

Read more

individual preference my boy who are 22 months old still sleep with us