When putting a newborn in a stretchy wrap (like a Moby), should the legs be in or out (or are both equally good/safe options)?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have been looking into baby wraps and from everything I have read it seems that when the baby is really tiny -- the first four weeks legs in and a cradle position seem to be fine, but as they grow legs out seems to be the preferred option for strong spine strength and posture.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-137)

VIP Member

When we babywear, we need to follow the TICKS rule. So cradle position is not ideal as baby's chin is likely to be very close to his chest which may obstruct the airway.

Post reply image

curious to know about wraps too! looks so complicated, i dont want to end up all flustered and stressed outside and forget how to wrap the baby........

@Melissa: Actually it is pretty easy to do the wrap.. you can check out youtube. lotsa tutorial videos for your reference.

legs shud b in d wrap....wrap in tight n secure so its comfortable for d baby n im sure baby can sleep soundly...

VIP Member

For newborn babies. legs are supposed to be in the wrap, like in a fetal curled up position.

thanks

Thanks Jacqueline! Guess it takes practice! Haha

leg should be in and M position