Should I feel bad if husband doesn't show me his payslips? He used to show it to me when it was both of us who were working. Since I became pregnant and SAHM, I never get to see it again. I know he lies like he only received this amount when in fact I know it even increased. He's so secretive when it comes to his own money. Not that I want to ask for everything. I just believe that it should be part of our being open to each other since we're partners.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hey, You know, my husband never shares any of his financial details with me, forget about the payslip. But at the same time, he doesn't even hide things if I ask him. Just that I never show interest in how much exactly is getting deposited in his account as a salary or what all things he does with it apart from what I know. But, yes, in your case, I would have completely understood your husband being private about his salary and not even sharing details about it even with you if he had been doing this eversincme you got married. Since, he was earlier sharing it with you, I wonder why he has changed now. I think you need to talk to him. But do not conclude anything till you have spoken to him. You never know, he has already started saving for the baby and do not want to tell you also. Some men behave like this. They are secretive about things. My father, though, fulfilled all demands and little things whatever my mother said, but he was little secretive about his money. And that was fine, because my mother never had to cringe for things as he looked after all his needs always gave her money even before she asked. Well! Any which way, talk to your husband and speak all that is in your heart, and see what he has to say.

Magbasa pa

Hi, I think, if he was earlier sharing his financial details and showing his payslips to you then he should be having no problem doing it now. I mean, what is the problem now? After having his baby and SAHM, you haven't become a stranger to him. After all you gave up your job for the baby , which is not just yours. See, there is no issue if he would not show his payslips to you, but here, in your case, his not showing them now only is a bone of contention because he was showing it to you earlier. I guess, speak to him, and ask him why he has suddenly become so secretive. Why has his attitude changed after your leaving the job? You must sit and clear things out as it is bothering you. Yes, you are right, you are partners and you must be open to each other.

Magbasa pa

Have you asked him why? It's really strange when all of a sudden he's not sharing his payslips now, when he used to it before. You open up to him how you feel and let him know that you are not asking for anything, you just want to know the financial status of your family since you can also help in budgeting though you have transitioned into SAHM.

Magbasa pa

It is strange that he's not showing his payslip to you anymore. Does he also manage his own money and just provides you allowance? If that is the case, you have to talk to him. While it is not a MUST to know about all his financial dealings, you have a right to know at least the general view.

Once you get married, everything must be transparent. Phone Pass Codes, Social Media Account Passwords, ATM Passwords and even payslips. Just ask him sincerely what hinders him in showing you his payslips.

Don't get mad so easily. Ask him firsy the reason why he's not showing you his payslips.