Confinement food

Would you rather opt for confinement food catering or accept help from a relative who is willing to prepare food (but you dont know what the menu is exactly) plus do post-natal massage for you (services need to be paid)?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unless it's your mum that is doing it for you. If not, you have to take the risk of little committment or halfway missing in action. Best is get third party, if you are unhappy about the service, you can feedback,. Dont risk of having a strained relationship in the end.

Super Mum

I would opt for catering and someone I don’t know personally for massages. Emotions run high during the first month. I wouldn’t want to damage the relationship with the relative.

VIP Member

Since it's a paid service, I would opt for external catering. You can give feedback and even go through the menu. With family and relatives you can give honest feedback.

VIP Member

I would opt for catering. You wouldn’t be able to express your views outright since it’s a relative unless she won’t be offended.

I’ll go for external parties as I can feedback without fear of straining relations if I’m unhappy about anything.

VIP Member

I will opt for 3rd party instead of relative. Avoid possible conflicts+ Shy to let ppl I know do post natal massage.

Food catering and separate masseur. No hard feelings if things don’t go towards each other’s expectation.

VIP Member

External services probably better to presevere relationships. Either way, looks like you have to pay anyway.

VIP Member

Depends on how close you are with your relative. If very close and you trust her completely then go for it!

4y ago

I’m not close to her but my mom is! The reason of possibly accepting my relative’s “help” is because my mom has been very persistent about it, thinking confinement food catering and external postnatal masseuse wont be good.

Super Mum

I’m just afraid your relative can’t commit for the full month then very hard to fault her