Confinement food and post delivery massage is it really necessary?

Hi would like to check for those ordering confinement meals, do the meals includes shen hua tang (herbs soup) or do we need to order the herbs separately else like medical hall and ownself brew the soup? Has anyone gone through delivery, order confinement meals but never did the post delivery massage? How is the recovery without massage?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if you get a good confinement nanny and masseuse. My personal experience: My confinement nanny was pretty good so I managed to get good rest in the first 2 weeks and she cooked lotsa nutritious food so my recovery was good and the confinement meals also boosted my milk production. For post partum massage (jamu), I actually engaged one of the most popular service providers (signed a package of 7 treatments). I think the masseuse was really so so and I don’t feel much different or help much. There is no significant difference so I feel it was a waste of money 🫠

Read more
1y ago

was thinking of only getting confinement meals packages but not engaging any nanny or jamu massage so wondering can it be done? and if no jamu massage how to get uterus back into place if needed

I order my confinment food with yue zi le. 2 dishes (1 vegetables,1 meat) and 1 soup and rice. Comes with 2 x 500ml red date tea or Osmanthus Red Dates Tea per meal. Means each day will have 2 litres of tea. Alternate days lunch or dinner it comes with dessert. No need to seperate boil or cook any soup as it included. The confinment packages will be able to see the menu from the website. I didnt book any massage nor use binder. I had natural vagina birth and im pretty back to normal self 2 weeks after birth.

Read more
1y ago

ok thanks

Highly advice to have both post delivery massage and confinement food. It helps to boost more milk, nutrients as well as healing inner body. Eating confinement food hot and herbs help too. Meanwhile, post delivery massage helps to relieve stiffness of body muscles, water rentention, body aches/sore, slimming down, getting back in shape, etc. And in the coming months after confinement as well as massage, you will not feel body weak or painful or too cold or even aches.

Read more
1y ago

ok thanks

i did 14 days with tian wei, they included 2x shen hua tang. confinement food to me is a must. i didnt engage massage but i use binder as frequent as posible. i am back to my original weight & figure within a month. they say breastfeeding helps to smaller down the uterus too

1y ago

no, my mom occasionaly cooked young papaya with fish to increase breastmilk. tian wei also included red date tea