Hi all! Just a random rant. My husband hardly give me gifts, bring me to restaurant. To him, as long as he can be full, it does not matter if its cheap or expensive food. On my birthday, I was given a choice of either having flowers, a cake or a gift. I can only choose one of it. Now he said that he can’t stay any longer on his job, asked me not to spend his money. In fact, I hardly spend his money. I spend mostly using my own money. We argue mostly on money and he said I was not supportive to his decision. He said he got stress whenever I asked for a restaurant meal on valentine day or my birthday and a gift. I was just feeling myself so pathetic that not even my husband is appreciate what I did for him and still being so calculative to me. It made me felt that marrying him is a mistake.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess he is worry about future as work market is going to be tough. My husband is a very traditional man, being the only son he take it as his duty to take care of his parents by himself after his sister tell him upfront she is not going to care about them as she has already married out. My husband will nag at me if I can my kids some new clothes or use slight better products on them in the past. We never celebrate our special day together too after I became a SAHM. We use to fight a lot too until we sit down to talk about it; it turn out that he is worry that he might loses his job due to restructuring in his company. after the talk, my husband will give me a break from housework and cooking by doing it for me as my gift for special days and I do handmade cards or baking in return. Sometimes it does not need to be expensive stuffs to show the love instead he send me love massage every day or turn up with some simple food that I crave for the day before and with that I told him I am celebrating v-day every day. Man got strong ego or pride, he might feel shameful or embarrassed to tell you his worry. My husband is definitely one such person. He can left 10 dollars for the rest of the month for himself but he won't tell you as he think he is a man and head of family he can't ask for money from his wife etc. He end up drink water or eat cup noodle in office. Have a open heart talk to see what stopping him and you might be on a better path to your marriage.

Read more