calcium supplement

Any pregnancy safe calcium supplement recommended for 1st trimester? Quite reluctant to take milk as my friend says will get very fat.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can always consume healthier choice of milk. Low fat high in calcium. For GDM patients too we have to consume milk low in sugar/ carbs and high in calcium. Cheese too has calcium. Why seek tablets, supplements when you can have calcium in your food / drinks intake daily?Hmm..Seems like your friend is not giving you the right advice to me.

Read more

Not very true that milk will make you fat. I have fresh milk & soya milk every morning for breakfast. So far so good. Usually gynae will prescribe calcium tablets 2nd trimester onwards. First trimester only take folic acid & obimin.

Milk is good! I drink it daily on my first trimester. And gynae will give you calcium when second trimester onwards. Thats when the baby needs calcium as her or his brain grows rapidly.

Super Mum

Calcium starts in 2nd trimester. Don’t self medicate. Always ask gynae. Go for fresh milk. They won’t make u fat. Always ask gynae if u are not sure. Dont listen to hear-say

Read more
VIP Member

Usually if u go to the gynae, they will prescribe u supplements. My gynae prescribed me fish oil, prenatal vitamins and calcium.

Post reply image

I start calcium during 2nd trimester but it’s better to consult your gynae. They know better but is required for u and bb

is better to consult ur gynae. Some supplement might not suit to pregnant lady

VIP Member

for me 2nd trimester then start taking calcium supplement

VIP Member

Please do not self medicate. Consult your gynecologist

Yes. Can ask gynae to prescribe for you.