Planning for a trip to Taiwan, my baby will be 6 months then. Is it advisable to leave him with my mom who can help to maintain his current routine but she's not the main caregiver so I will be worried and wonder if I will even have fun with hubby. Should I bring her along but her routine might be messed up since we might be out late at those night markets?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went for a trip right after confinement (which was booked when I was pregnant) and regretted it totally. I missed my kid so much that I couldn't enjoy myself and was constantly thinking about her and regretting not bringing her along even if it means our itinerary will not go as planned. It might be a bit more troublesome because you will have to stop for feeding and diaper changing, but other than that I do not see how it can affect the routine much. Furthermore, Taiwan is a baby friendly country, this will probably ease your concerns more.

Read more

Personally I feel you can bring baby along with you. Although it may be very troublesome but it's the bonding time you have with your baby. Moreover, your mum is not the main caregiver and if you leave baby with her, i bet you will not enjoy cos you will be more worried than anyone else. If you are still breastfeeding baby, i think it's fine. Breastfeed on the go at night market. only about 15 mins the most. Furthermore, Taiwan is a baby friendly country, this will probably ease your concerns more.

Read more
VIP Member

I intend to bring my baby who will be 3 months old to Korea to visit her paternal relatives. It's also because she is exclusively breastfed. Well... if you're worried about messing up your baby's routine, then leave your baby at home. You WILL miss your baby and keep thinking and talking about him, but you could take the time to refresh your relationship with your husband. Bringing baby along is not too troublesome as it is still relatively easy to bring a 6 month old around by babywearing.

Read more

At six months-old, your baby is not really going to have much of a holiday. So if you have the option, do leave your baby behind with your mum. For your own pace of mind, organise, plan and prepare everything for your baby before you leave. Make arrangement for any support staff that can come in to help your mum during that time (a cleaner/cook) so that she can concentrate on the baby. Go and enjoy your holiday. Once they get older, they are harder to leave behind!

Read more

If I were you, I'd leave my baby as well as my worries behind. After all when you were a baby, your mum looked after you, what more her grand-daughter? Plus grandmothers are well known for showering their grandchild with lots of love and affection. In future, you won't be able to spend a lot of "alone" time with your husband. So I advise you to enjoy it while it lasts! :-)

Read more

At 6 months, I think it's easy to leave your kid behind. They are probably in some routine, largely reliant on milk for nutrition and likely has some sort of routine. And a break for you is always good! Alternatively take your mum along for the holiday who can help babysit your kid in the hotel room when you head out!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-881)

thanks