Planning to go to Bangkok next month for work. 2 days 1 night trip. Baby will be about 6 weeks old. Should I bring baby along? Or should I leave her in singapore with the maid and hubby and leave behind Frozen breastmilk?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would recommend you to leave your young baby at home. Bangkok is still quite dirty and their water is still unsafe for drinking. Let your husband and maid care for your baby. Meanwhile pump while you are in bangkok. If you are able to store and bring back those expressed milk, it will be good.But if you are unable to have access of clean water, do pump and dump the milk to prevent any cross contamination.

Read more

If it's for work then best to leave baby at home with daddy and your helper. Besides hygiene and environmental concerns, bringing baby would most likely distract you from the task at hand and all the things you want to accomplish. Moreover travelling alone in a busy city like Bangkok can be unnerving with a young child especially with frequent stories of missing kids and child trafficking.

Read more

2days and 1night is a short trip. You can just leave baby with your family. For young babies, their immune system is pretty weak and it is not advisable to bring baby into the plane and crowded places as germs is everywhere. I agreed with the mummy above, Bangkok's environment is not so favorable for young babies.

Read more

Hi Rose Mary, did you pump while you were in Bangkok? If yes, were you able to hand carry your expressed milk when you returned to Singapore?