Hi Parenttowners!! We want to plan a baby but we are very scared of all these baby related challenges. We have read and heard a lot about "How baby will change your life". Need mental support. Please tell your opinion!!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't be so stressed! Baby will change your lives in such a beautiful way, you will regret not having your first earlier! That said, to be fair to the baby, yourselves as parents n your own parents.. I think it is our responsbility to plan a few key things. 1) eg first mth to get an independent confinement nanny to help u. that will help you settle a lot. 2) after nanny leaves, what is ur arrangement. u care for baby alone? after ur maternity leave ends, who will be caregiver? u n hubby can love each other's parents all these while but when it comes to identifying baby's main caregiver... 3) if u plan to quit ur job, then ur family n hubby's support n understanding is critical. 4) if not, it is also good to look for an infantcare near ur home when u are abt 6 - 7 mths pregnant, then put ur name on waitlist. 5) Lastly manage your expectations. You cannot party, travel, drink, dine, catch late night movies like how you used to. Trade that in for other routinal chores. I used to not take a second look family room aka diaper chg rooms in the malls... now these facilities make an impact as to where I head to. Not meant to frighten you but these are part n parcel of parenthood! We have to adjust along the way :)

Read more

I think that most importantly husband must support. I heard many stories about husband totally heck care when baby is born..i can't imagine myself in that situation. with my hubby support and without any other help, the first few months is already challenging for me...but it only gets better and now my baby is 15mo :) if husband is not supportive I wouldn't really want a child.. really depressing....i can imagine....raising a child is not fully a mom's job..dad has to play a part too. other than this, I couldn't think of anything else stopping you to have a baby. of cos lifestyle changes but it is manageable and you derive a different kind of joy which you can't possibly find out there :) all the best!!!

Read more

Don't think so much. Just do it. There are times when it gets tiring but the rewards are great. If scared, ask family members for help. See if you can count on them for support. If think too much you will stress over what hasn't happened yet. There will be a lot of 'what ifs' also. Be prepared to make changes to your lifestyle. Other than that, seeing your baby develop is very fulfilling and satisfying.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks!! That's helpful 😀😀😀😀

First month advisable to get a reliable confinement nanny who can help to care for baby and help to cook nutritious food for mummy. Hubby support is very important throughout the whole process frlm pregnancy all the way to bringing the child up till independent age. Extended support from extended family members will definitely help to ease the transition to your new responsibilities.

Read more
7y ago

That's helpful but still scared!! 😱

VIP Member

well dont think so much.. Last time i was like this too. but after all when baby come into our life.. It bring so much joy to us

VIP Member

Be brave! Once you become a parent, you will naturally brace all the different changes in life!

Also make sure that your finances are well catered for from pregnancy onwards.